Sunday, January 30, 2011

Operation Write Home S&S Sketch # 54

I finished 1 quilt and got most of the way done with another, but ran out of thread for quilting...  I hate when that happens.  :)  It won't take long to finish up- I'm about 2/3 of the way done quilting.  I have 2 more to quilt and bind too, hoping to get those done by the end of February.

Anyway, here is the newest OWH Stars and Stamps Sketch- # 54 and my take.  I'm working on spring cards for the Spring Thaw challenge- hoping for 20 Easter, Mother's Day and Father's Day cards and then 20 general cards.  That puts my goal for February at 40.  I ended up with 31 for January, so I don't think it will be a problem.

The sketch:
 And here is my take on it...
 The paper is from Basic Grey- the Sultry line.  I love the colors for Mother's Day/spring.  I got the paper on clearance at Michael's, which is always nice.  :)
 I have been wanting the stamp since I picked up a project card at Michael's that used it, but they haven't had it in stock.  I found it today and am so happy with it.  I used my colored pencils to color the flowers and felt like a kid again. :)
I also got this stamp set at Michael's today- on clearance also.  I love the monkey- he is so cute- and I love the colors on this paper.  It is from a DCWV paper stack- not sure what line it is from, but it's so bright and cheery. 

4 comments:

  1. Love that pink paper with the black dots and your monkey is too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erin, I like the card you made for the OWH Sketch, especially the soft rose with "Mom" as part of the focal point. I was looking today for a "Mom" stamp and couldn't find one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet Mother's Day card, Erin! Love the papers you chose. Thanks for joining us in this week's OWH Stars & Stamps Sketch Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been looking for a Mom or Mother's Day stamp too! I used stickers for the card- but they only had 1 upper case M so I can't duplicate. :(

    Thanks for the comments, ladies!

    ReplyDelete