Saturday, January 15, 2011

Cards

So far, so good for 2011...  I'm more than halfway done with my goal of 15 cards for January and I'm meeting my goal to post at least once a week.  ;)  Last weekend, I finished 2 quilt tops (one that had been started previously) and I finished another that was a long time work in progress last night.  I'm loving my new setup.  :)  I'll post pictures of the quilts once they are done- just need to get batting for all 3 and backing for one. 

Here are my cards for Operation Write Home- I made 2 of each card, so a total of 12 cards.

 This is with paper that I got at JoAnn's- I can't remember the brand, but it is photo paper.
 This paper is from the DCWV La Creme line.  I really like how this looks- think I'll try some different color combinations and sentiments with this one.
 I used George and Basic Shapes for the stars, the paper is the same as the 1st card.
 This is more of the photo paper line.
 This paper is from the DCWV Citrus line.  I absolutely love the colors in this line.  I'm not sure how I like the stamp shows.  I think I need to stamp the sentiment on a plain piece of paper...
I used the Sweet Treats cartridge for this- what a fun cartridge.  I used a card in a magazine for inspiration on this.  I don't normally mix colors like this, but I like how it turned out. 

1 comment:

  1. I love, love, love your color combos!!! Your cards are really wonderful. I especially like the 2nd and 3rd ones. I'm going to have to try those! I say we still need to get together and make some cards! What's your goal for February?

    ReplyDelete